Sunday 26 January 2014

Some light reading

At the moment Im currently reading a book by Tyla Tharp titled the 'Creative Habit', I picked up this book from my travels down to brighton over the christmas period. Ever since Ive been hooked to her perspective on what creativity is and how to achieve it. Her book explores the process in which creativity works and ideas are perceived and exectuted.

It's teaching me to become more self directed and motivated towards my ideas , a key extract I liked was explaining something as she calls 'the spine' in creative process. This refers to the key element in any idea. asking yourself half way through a project - why am i doing this?, have a I drifted off from my intial idea? . If so refer back to 'the spine' which is the first core element of any idea , the set goal , the intention as to why you carried out this in the first place. Im only half way through the book but feel like Ive become creatively stronger already.

]

At the moment ive just started to research into my National Trust brief for D&AD , I have used this spine technique by setting myself the key statement of the brief.

'to recconnect beauty with nature'

Although my ideas can run everywhere , i can always refer them back to this core statement which needs to be met. I have started thinking about technology we can use to bring into national trust . Using iphones as a plus but also combining nature and natural world.

No comments:

Post a Comment