Wednesday 27 November 2013

CI563 Packaging Design - Development Continued ...


I went back to my note book and started over , I still really liked the idea of still using a die cut to 
represent the products and wanted to let the product spreak a little. 


I started out with a regaular box shape , on this would be die cut outline of the product with a strip running down the left occupying the white space. This strip would have all the details such as the logo , sizing and website. 

I again began to doubt this idea and the legibility of my illustrations if I was just going to show half of the product Would the customer really get what was inside straight away? . I wasn't entirely confident with this and felt more work needed to be done to make this work. 


I wanted to keep a the idea of 
having a strip running down the box so I decided it would be more 
effective to have the details on the strip rather than the actual box. 

I started to think of new ways to adjust the average box shape. 
Playing around with little paper 
prototypes to see what curves i could achieve with scissors. I came to the conclusion I wanted to have curved corners, I liked the idea of having a rounded box instead of sharp corners. It made it feel much more friendly and icon like.  The box would have a strip running horizontally around the contents. The detail on the strip would be done using a die cut , Im not sure wether I can achieve that much detail on the boxer shorts with a die cut but im going to have to experiment with that. I wanted the colour of the box to shine through the lettering and give it another 
dimension rather than just using printed type. 

No comments:

Post a Comment